- February 26, 2021
- Posted by: Dr Venkat Reddy
- Category: IELTS
The International English Language Testing System or IELTS is an English proficiency test outlined to test your language skills. This test is taken by the candidates who are willing to migrate, study and work overseas. IELTS is touching another level of popularity with every passing year, and the test takers are touching the Heights of millions. Whether you are applying for work, visa or study, the examination is the same in terms of format, level of the difficulty, scoring, content and examiners. If you think that your test results are not satisfactory, there is no limit for retaking the test. However, it is recommended to take some time for practicing before your next attempt.
IELTS is accepted as evidence of English proficiency in more than 135 countries by over 9000 organizations for professional purposes, immigration and education. It is accepted by most USA, Canadian, British, New Zealand and Australian academic institutions and by various professional organizations worldwide.
IELTS test for International Studies
As the IELTS test is an underlying condition to get admission in International universities, we know that it follows a 9-band scoring, though there are no set bars to be called “approved” or “failed.”
Generally, the admissions are made based on a good IELTS score which varies from university to university, country to country. You are required to demonstrate that you can complete a degree program taught in English, for which you are qualified enough. Therefore, you need higher IELTS scores to enroll in advanced degree programs.
IELTS test for working at Global level.
If you dream to work or look to build your career globally and explore the professional areas by working in international organizations, you need to take the IELTS test for sure. Language skills are crucial to career success and are considered a valuable asset and other job requirements. Many professional bodies that accept IELTS are healthcare professions such as medicine, pharmacy and nursing, where English language proficiency holds great importance. Providing proof of your language proficiency is very important to get a visa and work abroad. If you are a work visa applicant, you must achieve either Vocational English or Competent English language skills, which means you need to be prepared for more than basic conversational English.
IELTS for immigration purposes
Government agencies have considered IELTS as eligibility criteria to obtain permanent residence or citizenship in many countries. The primary consideration behind is merely a thought that language proficiency and people’s ability to integrate into any community and at the workplace go hand in hand. IELTS continues to play a significant role in being a strict language assessment to control the migration numbers.
Acceptance of score for various countries
- In Canada, applicants should check directly with the organization they want to apply to the IELTS score requirements. Educational institutions and Employers and generally set their language requirements. Additionally, you will have to achieve the Canadian Language Benchmarks standard.
- In the UK, applicants must score at least 6 on each of the test’s four components (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing). The UK government-approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) has been introduced as a part of the visa application process. The test is known as IELTS for UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI), which means that IELTS can be used to prove your English language abilities, supported by UKVI. This test requires you to demonstrate your listening and speaking skills are at level A1 or B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). At the end of the examination, you will receive a pass/fail result instead of band scores.
- In Australia, a band score of 5 is considered to be Vocational English level. A score of 6 recognizes the applicant as a Competent English speaker. Australia recognizes both Competent and Vocational English by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- In New Zealand, work permit candidates should gain an overall test score of 4 or above within the Academic or General Module. They may conjointly provide additional proofs of their English language abilities, such as information about their current country of residence, their family’s English knowledge or the countries they have lived in. Immigration to New Zealand requires an IELTS overall score of 6.5 in either Academic IELTS modules or the General Training, which is mandatory for a visa application.
In all these countries, you should consider that minimum score requirements vary depending on your chosen occupation. For some professions, applicants must achieve a minimum of 6 to 7 in each testing module.
Boost your CV with IELTS
Taking the IELTS exam increases your opportunities to study overseas and makes your CV look impressive, especially if you are looking for a work opportunity in a multicultural or diverse environment.
With Gradeway you will get the power in your hands, no more waiting no more searching for the right teacher. Just register and start practicing. The IELTS from Gradeway Prep assures an ultimate winning option for you from being home.
To find out more about our classes and syllabus scroll down below.