STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
- Why Study in Australia
- Education System & Intakes
- Admission Process
- Visa Process
- Cost of Education & Funding Options
- Work Opportunities & Australia PR
Australia, is more than the Land of Kiwis and Kangaroos. The country itself is rich in culture, history, nature, and has so much to offer in terms of academics, sights, and adventure It is one of the Oceania countries located between the South Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean. Thus developed as one of the wealthiest countries of the world making it the sixth largest country in the world.Go beyond the beach and below the waves to the Great Barrier Reef, The largest coral reef on Earth.
Australia is more affordable than most other destinations and offers a high standard of quality education, excellent living condition and a tolerant multicultural society. Australia is the third most popular international student destination in the world.
Australia’s Higher Education Institutions rank among the world’s best and the quality of education they offer is correspondingly high.
Higher education in Australia provides value for money by offering shorter and more intensive courses, they quickly incorporate latest innovations in science & technology, modern trends in marketing & management in their diploma/degree programs, hence Australian education is more practical and responsive to the needs of Trade & Industry.
An Australian qualification will make you very attractive to potential employers in Australia, at home and around the world. Standing proud with 8 of the top 100 universities in the world, Australia is much more than just kangaroos and kiwis . An increasing number of Indian students are opting for Australia to study abroad for its world-class education, post-study work opportunities and excellent quality of living. Whatever course you choose to undertake, you’ll be assured of unbeatable academic excellence and a support system for international students
Top Courses to Study in Australia
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Accounting and Finance
- Hospitality and Tourism
Explore over 20,000+ courses in Australia
Note: Given the current COVID-19 situation, there might be some changes in the 2021 intakes. Don’t worry, our international education experts are here to guide you with the latest updates to help you apply to your desired course and institution. Feel free to connect with our experts for a free counselling session and keep posted about the latest COVID- 19 updates.
Our universities rank in the world’s top 50 in a huge range of study areas.
Australia provides world-leading education in many study areas. The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 rated institutions in Australia highly in the following fields:
- Arts & Humanities
- Clinical, Pre-Clinical & Health
- Engineering & Technology
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
The biggest achievement of the Australian economy is its educational system.World-class education. When you study in Australia, you have the opportunity to pursue an outstanding education from leading institutions The education system here offers over 12,000 courses that are internationally recognized and of world-class standards. You can study at all levels of education from primary and secondary school, to vocational education and training (VET), from English language courses to higher education (including universities). And regardless of what you are studying or how long you are studying for, Australia’s laws promote quality education and protection for international students.
This includes the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007 (National Code). These provide nationally consistent standards for providers of education and training for international students.
As an international student on a student visa, you must study with an institution and in a course that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration guarantees that the course and the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students.
Along with the ESOS Act and National Code, there are also regulatory and quality assurance organizations for higher education and VET institutions. These government organizations are responsible for registration/re-registration of institutions and accreditation/re-accreditation of courses.
These organizations are:
Higher education – Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)Australia has a national regulatory and quality agency for higher education – the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). It was established by the Australian Government to monitor quality, and regulate university and non-university higher education providers against a set of standards developed by the independent Higher Education Standards Panel.
VET – Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
Australia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple intake in September & November. It is suggested that you should start making applications ideally 7-8 months prior to the intake. University generally takes around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
Note: Intakes may vary from university to university
Minimum processing time for getting an admit is 3 – 4 weeks after submitting to the university
Step1: START PROCESS STUDENT VISA
Before you make a decision to choose the course , you have to research the course, institution. Location, cost and future scope. We strongly advise you to choose a course which is relevant to your background, experience, interested course and financial Situation.
Step2: ELIGIBILITY TEST FOR ADMISSION
- Entry requirement depends on the level of qualification and individual university admission policy, the common entry requirement for all diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses are: IELTS/PTE/TOEFL
- Recognised degree completed academic degree (diploma, bachelor or master)
- Valid passport
- Work Experience if applicable
- OFFER LETTER & CONFIRMATION OF ENROLMENT (COE)
Step3: Required above mention scan documents. Onces we receive your documents, we will appy for the university and will receive the offer letter within 7-10 working days. After receiving the offer letter we have to make the payment for tuition fee and overseas student health cover (OSHC). We will provide you the complete information about the payment. After the payment you will receive CoE within one week.
STUDENT VISA LODGEMENT IN AUSTRALIA HIGH COMMISSION
Step 4: Once you receive CoE and OSHC from us then you can prepare for a visa application. You must provide all the sets of documents. Visa fee in local currency and requirements may vary depending on country to county. For More details about visa procedures and requirements, Please visit website: http://www.immi.gov.au
DECISION OF YOUR VISA APPLICATION
Step 5: If you lodged a valid application, the department of immigration and citizenship will assess your application and make the decision based on your academic records, evidence of financial support and meeting requirements of the genuine entrant student criteria.***Student visa will be extended for 2 years after completion of his masters for job search
Visa fee : 29200
- Notarized Photocopies of all pages (36 pages) of passports (old and new)
- Visa Application Forms : Form 157A and Form 956A.
- eCOE and University offer letter
- HAP ID letter
- IELTS/PTE/TOEFL Score sheet (Notarized)
- Work Experience Certificate of Applicant. ( if any – Current and Previous along with salary slips/Salary account statements; Notarized).
- Degree Certificate along with all the marksheets of graduation / Post graduation (pass/fail; Notarized).
- Board Certificate and Marksheet of XII and X (Notarized).
- Statement of Purpose.
- Any other relevant certificates related to course
- Financial Document:
- ‘Affidavit of Support’ on Stamp Paper of Rs.100/- in the name of Sponsor/Parents. (For each sponsor separate Stamp Paper, Notary on Stamp Paper will be done by a Student). (Original) In case, for other than parents sponsorship enclosed proof of relationship of the sponsor (Passport copy, Birth Certificate, Year 10th Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Photographs of Marriage, Voter ID card).
- Education Loan Sanction Letter along with documents related to Loan security i.e Loan disbursement Letter, Title Verification Search Report, Bank Valuation Report, Sale Deed and Visiting card of the branch manager or Loan issuing person. All notarized Updated Bank Balance Certificate, Bank Statement or Passbook of last six months and Bank Balance Certificate reflecting current balance
COST OF EDUCATION
Australia offers a very high standard of living, thus making a good place to live in. Actual tuition fee could vary from institution to institution, depending on location as well as course content.
(Such as university entrance, preparatory and bridging courses)
|$A9000 – $A14,000 a year Approx|
Bachelor Degree (Such as courses in arts, business, economic and law)
|$A15,000 – $A33,000 a year Approx|
|Laboratory-based Bachelor Degree (such as science and engineering courses)||$A14,000 – $A35,000 a year Apporx.|
|$A20,000 – $A37,000 a year Approx|
|Masters Doctoral Degree||$A20,000 – $A37,000 a year Approx|
Actual OSHC could vary from institution to institution, depending on course.
Most scholarships offered by the Australian Universities are for post graduate courses, especially the research Masters and PhDs. The extent of funding may vary depending on the fund allotment to the various study projects by the concerned university. Hence it is best to liaise with the university itself.
Besides the above, students may also look to apply for funding through the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The website is able to provide details of funding offered by various Commonwealth country governments, Rotary International, World Bank, WHO etc.
Another option is through loans. Many banks send money to students under various schemes to study at approved universities abroad.
Acceptable Funds :
- Saving A/c’s in Nationalised Bank only (Any Proof, Explanation for recent bank entries) and Current dated Bank Balance Certificate. Fixed Deposit Receipt + FDR Balance Certificate (3 Months Old funds)
- If the sponsor is a Salaried person, then he has to provide the salary slips of the last 3 months along with the IT Returns.
- If the sponsor is a Businessman, then he has to provide IT Returns, Balance Sheet, Registration of Business, Partnership deed (If applicable), Recent bank statements of company partnership, IT Returns of company partnership.
- If the sponsor is a Pensioner, then he has to provide a letter from the company at the time of retirement stating the amount of pension and recent bank statement showing credit of pension.
- If the sponsor receives Rental income, then he has to provide Ownership of property and Lease deed. If the sponsor receives Agricultural income, then he has to provide Ownership proof, J-forms, Receipt of sale, Income Certificate from Regional authority e.g. Patwari etc.
Note: * You have to submit an A4 Size xerox of 1set of all the above documents i.e one set notarised). * All documents in regional language must be translated into English.
Part Time Jobs:
While studying, you can work up to 20 hours per week during the semester and full-time during the semester break. This can be a great way to find study-related work or simply pay for your lifestyle in Australia.
- Earn AUD 8-12 / hour
- Various business opportunities
- Easy to get PR (permanent residence)
- Can work 40 hours per fortnight when the course is in session and 40 hrs/week during
- scheduled course breaks.
Permanent Residency: Visa extension is easy after completion of your education Student need to get 60 points for getting PR, Below table describes the evaluation process for PR on points based scale
1.Will you get me financial aid or scholarship?
- There is very limited financial aid for international students in Australia. There are very few scholarships offered by some universities/government but they are very competitive. We do not have a standard list of available scholarships. You will have to research the individual university websites for this information.
2.What are the living expenses in Australia?
- This will depend on the city where you study. To give you an idea, your living expenses would range from A$ 8,500 to A$ 12,000 per year. Costs may vary depending on the lifestyle.
3. Can I work part-time while studying?
- International students can work for up to 20 hours per week in part-time or casual employment, and full-time during gazetted vacation periods. You need to apply to the department of Immigration for permission to work in Australia. You can apply for a work permit after you have arrived in Australia and started your course.
4. For how many years, will my student visa be valid?
- You will get a visa for the duration of the program. There is usually no extra time granted. On completion of the program, you are expected to leave the country within 28 days. If you wish to stay longer you must seek approval from the Department of Immigration, Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs.