STUDY IN CANADA
- Why Study in Canada
- University Deadlines & Intakes
- Canada Admission Process
- Visa Process
- Cost of Education & Funding Options
- Work Opportunities & Canada PR
Canada also known as the Great White North is a country in the northern part of North America. It is also one of the beautiful countries in the world. Canada is surrounded by three oceans: the Pacific on the west, the Arctic to the north, and the Atlantic on the east.
Canada is one of the Best countries which offers Quality and internationally recognized degrees, cost effective studies, a safe destination of study and a welcoming & multicultural environment and these are some of the reasons and much more in Canada thereby making it one of the favored destinations among Indian and other international students to study in Canada.
Canada’s southern border with the United States is the world’s longest bi-national land border. Canada is sparsely populated, the majority of its land territory being dominated by forest and tundra and the Rocky Mountains. It is highly urbanized with 82 per cent of the 35.15 million people concentrated in large and medium-sized cities, many near the southern border.
Why Students should Consider studying in Canada
Canada has of late become the most sought after place for higher education studies, by many prospective international students. The detailed educational plan encourages foreign students to pursue jobs during their Bachelor’s or Master’s studies and to remain in the country for work opportunities after graduation
- Live in a bilingual environment
- Benefit from a world-class education
- Gain work experience in Canada after you graduate
- Ride Canada’s tech wave
- Enjoy an excellent quality of life
- Have an enriching cultural experience
- Discover the country’s natural beauty
Top Courses to Study in Canada
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analysis
- Computer Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Human Resource Management
- Dental Studies
So where do we start
Is this question on your mind, Look no further.
Below are the stages outlined exclusively for you
First Let us understand the requirements
DEADLINES AND INTAKE
Intakes and Deadlines in Canada
- Winter : January
- Summer : May
- Fall : September
Many universities have deadlines for application submission and this must be kept in mind while applying. In general,an international student will be required to apply around 8-9 or even 12 months before the start of classes (intake).
|Process||January Intake||May Intake||September Intake|
|Last Date of Application to Institutions||15th September||1st Jan||1st June|
|Last Date of Tuition Fees Payment||15th September||1st Feb||15thJune|
|Last Date of GIC For Wire Transfer||22nd November||22nd March||22nd July|
|Last Date of Filing for Visa||1stDecember||1st April||1st August|
Canada is an English speaking nation. Hence, it is important that a student aspiring to study in Canada be proficient in the language. A good way of demonstrating your proficiency is by giving the standard International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)exams.
- GRE & GMAT (Not a must but required for MBA and other programs in some universities)
- IELTS : 6.5+ not less than 6.0 in each module
- TOEFL : 80+ not less than 22 in each module
- PTE : 55+ not less than 50 in each module (Some universities & Colleges are accepting)
- IELTS Academic (1 Month Min.)
- Admission Process/LOA: (After test date booked/IELTS score received) (10-15 days working)
- GIC A/C Application & Financial Documentation (10-15 Days)
- Tuition Fees Payment (1-5 days)
- Payment of GIC Amount & Certificate Receive (1-7 days)
- Medical Examination (1day)
- Visa Forms Filling & Submission (Max 15 days)
- Total Process Time Duration (1-2 months Approx After Applying For LOA)
Ideal to Start Planning Before 6 months of preferred Intake
Checklist for getting admit
- 10th & 12th
- Degree Certificates(Semester marksheets)
- IELTS Score Card
- Work Experience certificates (If any)
- Extracurricular activities (If any)
We have a Perfectly curated process in store for you
- Expert counselling on Canada study visa process according to requirement study preference
- Assessment of all academic documents
- Requirement of IELTS Score / Coaching facility
- Financial Aid facility available at Canada
- Financial budget, Parent’s income and other requirement
- Guidance on Education loan
- Course selection / suggestion according to specialization required, area preference, preference of study, College or university preference, co-op options, internship possibilities, tuition fees structure, Scholarship possibilities, post study opportunity, job prospects
- Transparency of work in each step of process. You will have freedom to choose suitable option for you, perfect financial guidelines, direct payment to college from student’s / Parents’ bank account, clear guidelines on visa process according to cic.gc.ca
- We design the visa process according to student preference and match with the visa policy to get successful visa approval.
- Post visa information sessions for successful students, Pre-Departure guidelines, accommodation & airport pickup arrangement
Generally the visa process for Canada is a Dropbox system.Processing time for visa is about 5-6 weeks . To get a student visa, you will have to prove that you have enough finances to pay for living expenses, education costs and travel for your course.
Under the new SPP visa rules students have to pay 1st Semester fee in advance to the Canadian college. For living expenses the candidate has to show living expenses through GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) from Nova Scotia Bank or ICICI in advance into a specially designated bank account in your name which will periodically release funds for you when you are in Canada. Under the SPP route visa success rate is very high with little documentation. For a detailed list of documents contact any of our offices.
In case a student does not opt for the SPP program then the usual visa process will apply. In this complete documentation and financial proof for the remaining fee and one year living expenses is required.
After completing 1 year of open work permit, candidates are eligible to apply for permanent residency for Canada under various immigration programs.
COST OF EDUCATION
The expenses incurred for studying in Canada can comprise tuition fees, living costs and insurance etc. The universities set their own fees depending on your location, citizenship and undergraduate or postgraduate level.
|S.No||Study program||Average annual fee (in CAD*)||Living Expenses/Year|
|1||Undergraduate program||$13,000 to $20,000 per year||CAD 10,000 – 15,000|
|2||Postgraduate master’s degree||$17,000 to $25,000 per year||CAD 10,000 – 15,000|
|3||Doctoral degree||$7,000 to $15,000 per year||CAD 10,000 – 15,000|
|4||MBA||$30,000 to $40,000 per year||CAD 10,000 – 15,000|
*Please note all fee figures are indicative
Canadian universities and colleges offers a wide range of funding opportunities for international students.Below are the few funding options
- International Tuition Award. …
- Other awards, scholarships and fellowships. …
- Research and Teaching Assistantships. …
- Bursaries, loans and other needs-based funding. …
- International funding agreements.
Scholarships to study in Canada:
|S.No||Name of the scholarships available||Description|
|1||Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute||Offers various fellowships at different levels from graduate to post-doctorate and from research to training fellowships|
|2||Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan||This scheme identifies students with high intellect from Commonwealth countries applying to programs of advanced study and research at the Master and PhD level
The award comprises travel, living allowance and the compulsory tuition fees
|3||Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program||For graduate students in a wide variety of disciplines
As a prerequisite to applying, students must accept an offer from a university in Ontario and obtain a valid study permit
|4||National Research Council of Canada (NRCC)||Research associateship is offered to master degree holders in engineering and PhD holders in natural science or engineering disciplines|
|5||Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship||For students studying in Quebec
Financial assistance to students at master’s level or above
Each application is assessed on its own merit
|6||Ontario Trillium Scholarship||First announced in November 2010 for doctoral students from around the world to study in Ontario
Each scholarship is worth $40,000 annually, renewable for a maximum of four years
75 scholarships are awarded each year
Ontario universities are responsible for selecting and awarding scholarship to international PhD students based on merit and program criteria
|7||Partnership Grants by Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada||For PhD candidates
Supports new or existing research initiatives in social sciences and humanities
Worth up to CAD 20,000
Duration: 4 to 7 years
International Students studying in Canada can work for 20 hrs per week and full time during Public holidays or Vacations. Dependants (spouse / partner) of students can work full time. Some Canadian universities and colleges provide Co-op programs in which a student can work as part of the course in their related field and also earn credits for it.Students are eligible for a Post Study work permit for a period of 3 years if the study program is for a minimum period of 2 years. Otherwise the work permit is for a period same as the duration of the course.
PR Options :
International students who have graduated from a course in Canada would gain points under the Skilled Migrant Category and may lead the path for applying for PR and Graduating from canada can be advantageous for students applying for Permanent residency through various immigration programs like
- Canadian Experience Class category
- Federal (38 occupation list)
- British Columbia
Note: Given the current COVID-19 situation, there might be some changes in the 2020/2021 intakes. Don’t worry, our international education experts are here to guide you with the latest updates to help you apply to your desired course and institution. Feel free to connect with our experts for a free counselling session and keep posted about the latest COVID- 19 updates.